Benchmade 557 Mini-Griptilian AXIS Folder with Tanto Tip by Pardue #557-S30V
- Knife - Every Day Carry
When it comes to all around functionality, you can't beat the Griptilian®.
The Mini-Griptilian features a more compact pocket friendly size compared to the full sized Griptilian knives.
- AXIS Mechanism Manual Opening - A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS® has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100 percent ambidextrous design, AXIS® gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar that rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS® bar itself.
- CPM-S30V Steel - American made premium powdered steel designed specifically for knives. Offering excellent corrosion resistance and superior edge qualities this steel is perfect for everyday use or specialized outdoor activities.
- Made in the USA
About Mel Pardue
The senior team member, Mel has been grinding sparks, making knives and creating a following for 25-plus years. His style has a class and simplicity all its own. The Pardue collaborations offer great utility to the everyday knife user while at the same time presenting an upscale distinction. Less is definitely more with Mel’s designs.
- Blade Steel: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC)
- Blade Style: Tanto Tip, Satin Finish Plain Edge
- Blade Length: 2.91" / 7.39cm
- Blade Thickness: 0.100" / 2.54mm
- Open Length: 6.78" / 17.22cm
- Closed Length: 3.87" / 9.83cm
- Handle Thickness: 0.51" / 12.95mm
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Weight: 2.68 oz / 75.98 g
- Clip Style: Standard Reversible Tip-Up
- Origin: Made in the USA
While no knife is "perfect", this little guy comes close, at least for me. I bring it to work in an agricultural environment and it's been put through the ringer! The thumb stud on mine came loose and fell off, and the pocket clip screws stripped so they wouldn't stay tight, so I removed the clip entirely. Even with those issues, I still carry this knife daily. Has never let me down!