With the G17 Gen5 MOS FS GLOCK enhances the already near-perfect Gen5 model of "The original" with the addition of the Modular Optic System (MOS). The slide is precision machined to provide a mounting system for popular optic sights. With multiple adapter plates, you can quickly and easily mount miniature red dot sights to the rear of the Gen5 GLOCK slide, which has front serrations for easier and quicker manipulations.
All of the Gen5 qualities are present in this standard-size pistol: The latest GLOCK nDLC surface finish on the major metal components, unmatched in hardness and rust resistance; the high traction Gen5 frame texture, quickly reversible magazine catch, ambidextrous slide stop lever, the GLOCK Modular Backstrap System (MBS) for individual operator adjustability, the universally-acclaimed GLOCK Safe Action System and high visibility orange magazine followers.
Plate Options Included*
- 00 - Cover Plate
- 01 - Eotech / Doctor / Insight / Meopta
- 02 - Trijicon RMR
- 03 - C-More
- 04 - Leupold Delta Point
- New nDLC Finish on Barrel & Slide - GLOCK's nDLC provides tougher, more durable protection than previously used finish. The nDLC finish is exclusive to the GLOCK Gen5 models. The nDLC finish increases protection against corrosion and scratching and improves the ability of the pistol to function in adverse conditions.
- Ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever & Reversible Magazine Release - The ambidextrous slide stop lever makes it easier for gun owners to quickly, safely and comfortably manipulate the slide wether they are left-handed or right-handed. The magazine catch of the Gen5 frame is reversible and enlarged towards the rear of the pistol. The reversible magazine catch is more user friendly to the shooter's reach and allows them to switch the catch to the left or right side of the pistol.
- Flared Mag-Well & Removed Finger Grooves for a More Universal Fit - The larger opening of the flared mag-well makes it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well, particularly in high-stress situations where fractions of sections matter. By removing the finger grooves the Gen5 pistols provide a more comfortable grip to a wider range of consumers, regardless of their finger size.
- GLOCK Marksman Barrel - The GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) features enhanced barrel rifling based on the proven polygonal barrel design which delivers improved accuracy.
- Safe Action System - Three safeties disengage sequentially as the trigger is pulled and automatically reengage when the trigger is released.
- New Orange Magazine Follower - The orange follower allows the shooter to clearly see if there are any rounds left in the magazine.
- Enlarged Floor Plate - The enlarged front of the floor plate makes it easier to pull the magazine free of the pistol if it doesn't fall free during a malfunction or reload.
- Customizable Frame Size - Every GLOCK Gen5 comes with backstraps in two sizes each one with and without beavertail. The multiple backstrap frame allows the users to change the circumference of the grip to fit their individual hand size.
- Gen4 RTF Rough Textured Frame - The Gen4 proven rough textured frame surface is present on the Gen5 frame as well. It was designed to enhance grip traction, without being too aggressive.
- Mounting Rail - Mounting rails in front of the trigger guard allow mounting accessories such as tactical lights and lasers.
- Polymer Frame - The durable and lightweight polymer frame absorbs recoil due to the dampening characteristics of the polymer.
- Loaded Chamber Indicator - Visible and palpable indicator as part of the extractor to show whether there is a cartridge in the chamber.
- 3x Gen5 Magazines
- 4x Backstrap Options
- Standard Glock Speedloader
- 4 Plate options as detailed above*
*Optic sights not included, contrast sights installed, all 5 plates included with firearm
Let’s dive into this and tell you all the bad things about this gun. 1. The fixed sights are terrible. If your not planning on running an optic then change the sights. I’m running an optic and I’ll be switching them for suppressor height sights. 2. The ejector on this gun literally launches casings about 4 yards away, which isn’t technically a bad thing, unless your landings brass in the persons shoes to your right. (Yes that happened) This could be also just the brand new mag springs. 3. Slide sometimes doesn’t hold open when mag is finished. Could be the ammunition I’m using, not sure, but after an hour of shooting you still want your slide to lock open. Other than those few things there has been nothing wrong with this gun. Shoots straight, feels great. No feeding issues, mag release is good. I feel like they made the slide release locks a little longer to make it easier for takedown, it’s nice. Nothing much else to say, probably come and leave a comment again soon after some more rounds.