Islander Steelheader Float Reel - ABEC7 Bearings - Various Colours
- Reel - Drift
Start of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Product Number: ABEC7
Smooth is the only way to describe the Islander Steelheader Centrepin float reel. Just grab the handle and spin the spool; you'd swear it was powered by batteries. No batteries, just precision machining, bearings and balance.
With the bearings upgraded to ABEC 7, this is a top performing classic style centerpin reel!
The Islander Steelheader, with its mirror like centre-pin screw to its flawless finish, performs as well as it looks.
The IS is certainly designed with elegance and functionality in mind. The spool has a large arbour for quick retrieval and a large, smooth palming rim allowing for everything down to the lightest touch of drag. Precision machining and perfect balance allow the spool to spin effortlessly, but the simple click drag system can be engaged with the free-spool button on the frame to keep line under control.
- Bearings - The Steelheader normallyÂ runs on 2 ABEC 3 shielded stainless steel ball bearings, this version has been upgraded to the new ABEC 7 bearings!
- Free-spool Button - This allows the user to completely disengage the reel clicker. The button affords free-spool operation for casting and a slight drag, when engaged, for those who use this feature. The clicker also prevents line from spooling off while travelling from one fishing location to the next.
- Limited 2 Year Warranty
- Made in Canada!
- Model: IS
- Diameter: 4.5"
- Handles not as shown -- includes plastic handles
- Width: 1.0"
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
- Capacity: 350 yds of 20# monofilament*
*Capacities are subject to the style of line used
End of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Limited Two Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
All warranty repairs must be sent directly to Islander. Reels repaired by 3rd party repair depots will not be covered by warranty.
To send your Islander Reel to Islander for maintenance or repair, please read below:
- Call Islander to confirm authorization – especially if shipping from USA or Internationally.
With your reel, include your name, physical address, phone number, email address and a description of the problem.
- For non-Canadian returns, clearly label customs paperwork and the package exterior: “Canadian Goods Returning For Repair”
- All shipments must be prepaid using Canada Post or US Postal Service
Please use – NAFTA / HST Code for shipping 9507.30.60.00 – Fly Fishing Reels
Shipments should be made either by registered mail or by courier* to:
Attn: Repairs Dept.
6771 Kirkpatrick Crescent
*Please do not use UPS or FedEx when shipping to Islander. If Islander is charged additional fees from customers who do ship via UPS or FedEx, those fees will be charged back to the customer.*
A $20 processing and handling fee will be applied to each non-warranty related reel. Repairs are approx 6 weeks lead time seasonally – make sure to plan ahead.
Islander will contact you for payment; Please do not send cash or cheque with your repair.
Cautionary Note: It is recommended that mono-filament line be removed from the line cavity of the spool every once in a while to relax the line and remove pressure from the spool walls.