Start of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Product Number: 8521
The Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components.
The New AR-556 Multi-Purpose Rifle ("MPR") is a custom-built modern sporting rifle that features an 18" nitrided alloy barrel with rifle length gas system, Ruger's 15' free-float handguard compatible with M-LOK accessories, the Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger and ergonomic Magpul furniture. The perfect rifle for a variety of uses, the AR-556 MPR is capable and versatile.
- Lower receiver is fitted with Magpul MOE grip and MOE SL collapsible buttstock on the Mil-Spec buffer tube.
- Handguard is free-floating for accuracy and the slim, 15" length provides enhanced ergonomics and support.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- The Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black nitrided finish provides corrosion resistance.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Ruger muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The 1/2"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Caliber: 5.56x45 NATO
- Barrel Length: 18"
- Twist: 1:8" RH, 5 Grooves
- Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Overall Length: 35"-38.25"
- Length of Pull: 11.10"-14.40"
- Height: 8"
- Weight: 6.8 lbs.
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Model: 8521 - Canadian 5-Round Magazine Variant of the #8514
End of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description