Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade with Black Handle #0119BKS-B
- Knife - Hunting
Hoyt Buck's first knife, made from a worn-out file blade in 1902 was a fixed blade. The U.S. Government requested blade donations for the military after the attack on Pearl Harbor. It is then, in the basement of a church in 1942, that Hoyt Buck began making knives by hand. It was a design that was dialed in after 40 years of making knives to customer specifications.
This version of the knife comes with the lightweight and extremely durable Phenolic black handle.
- Phenolic Black Handle
- Full Tang
- Leather Sheath
- Paul Bos Heat Treat - We are known for our blades. Buck Knives is a market leader in edge retention thanks to our steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by industry famous, Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to be the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test. It is then tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing, and reheating system. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening, and a blade that will not fail you.
- Made in the USA - At Buck, we are proud that this knife is made in the USA. The materials and workmanship involved in creating your knife will be done with the utmost care and will be free of defects.
- 420HC Steel - This is Buck's standard blade material because it approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels. Add our exclusive heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability. You also have a blade that is easy to resharpen. For best performance we harden to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58.
- Clip - The crescent tip makes the blade thinner with a sharper point. This shape provides good control for detail work and cutting in tight places. It is also well suited for intentional punctures like new holes in your belt, etc. While the point of the blade is effective for detail work, it's not as strong as the thicker points on drop points and skinners.
- Forever Warranty - We warranty each and every Buck knife to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the knife, and we will repair or replace with a new knife, at our option, any Buck knife that is defective. Buck Knives does not warrant its products against normal wear, misuse, or product modifications. Buck Knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers.
- Blade Length: 6" / 15.2cm
- Overall Length: 10.5" / 26.7cm
- Blade Width: 0.175"
- Weight: 7.5 oz / 213.5g
- Steel: 420HC
- Blade Shape: Clip
- Sheath: Leather
- Handle: Phenolic
Manufacturer's "Buck Forever Warranty"
See link for details