Hornady 44 Special Critical Defense 165 Grain FTX Box of 20 #90700
- Ammo - 44 MAG / 44 SPCL
Since their inception, conventional hollow point pistol bullets have performed well, but have never delivered 100% reliability, especially in self-defense situations. The patented Flex Tip® technology used in Critical Defense ammunition eliminates the clogging and inconsistency that often plagues hollow point bullets. Hornady® achieved this by using the same tip material used in LEVERevolution® ammunition.
All Critical Defense® ammunition is loaded in nickel-plated cases for increased visibility in low-light situations. Premium low flash propellants deliver proven performance, even in very short-barreled handguns, and won't disrupt your vision. Reliable expansion and dependable terminal performance can be counted on for hunting and personal protection.
- FTX Bullet Technology - The patented FTX® bullet expands reliably and resists clogging
- Dependable - Details such as nickel-plated cases that resist corrosion and optimized propellants that burn quickly to reduce recoil and limit muzzle flash, help ensure that Critical Defense® ammo is dependable in every situation
- Caliber: 44 Special
- Bullet: 165 Grain FTX
- Box Count: 20 Rounds
- Ballistic Coefficient: .125 (G1)
- Sectional Density: .127
- Muzzle Velocity / Energy based on 2.5" Barrel
- At Muzzle: 900 FPS / 297 ft-lbs
- At 50 Yds: 848 FPS / 263 ft-lbs
- At 100 Yds: 802 FPS / 235 ft-lbs
The shipping was really fast, like next day. Will order again without hesitation. Ammo performed as expected.
Using this caliber at 165 grain for precision shooting.Very smooth for good precision and not getting tired after shooting many cartriges at the range . Top quality .Never had misfire. Tipically Hornady .