Start of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Product Number: STROP
For use with Lansky Sharpening Systems. Polishing a knife edge or “stropping” with leather will result in the most keen edge your blades have seen since they left the factory. Stropping with leather is an age old technique for polishing a blade edge that delivers unparalleled results. Already possessing the largest amount of accessories, the addition of another hone further asserts the superiority of the Lansky Controlled-Angle System.
This Leather Hone is used only on blades that are already extremely sharp. This is the only Lansky Hone that is moved in the opposite direction of all the other hones. Proper stropping instructions included in the packaging.
Instructions & Information
- To be used with any of the Lansky Controlled Angle System, the Stropping Hone is used in tandem with polishing compound to achieve a razor sharp mirror-polish on your blade's edge. This product is not included with any of the Controlled Angle Sharpening Kits; only sold separately.
- Load Leather Stropping Hone with your desired compound and attach the hone to a Guide Rod.
- Using the angle that you sharpened with previously (matching the pre-existing angle of the knife), insert the guide rod into the guide hole of the clamp.
- IMPORTANT!: Rather than push the hone against the edge like you would with other hones. The Leather Stropping Hone requires that you pull the hone away from the edge. This will polish any burr or wire edge off your blade and leave you with a polished finish.
- Be Smart, Be Safe and Stay an Edge Above the Rest!
CAUTION: Knife sharpening is an inherently dangerous activity. Used properly this sharpener cannot hurt you but a carelessly handled blade or pointed object can.
End of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description