Benchmade 551 Griptilian AXIS Folder by Pardue #551-S30V
- Knife - Every Day Carry
When it comes to all around functionality, you can't beat the Griptilian®.
- AXIS Mechanism Manual Opening - A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS® has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100 percent ambidextrous design, AXIS® gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar that rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS® bar itself.
- CPM-S30V Steel - American made premium powdered steel designed specifically for knives. Offering excellent corrosion resistance and superior edge qualities this steel is perfect for everyday use or specialized outdoor activities.
- Made in the USA
About Mel Pardue
The senior team member, Mel has been grinding sparks, making knives and creating a following for 25-plus years. His style has a class and simplicity all its own. The Pardue collaborations offer great utility to the everyday knife user while at the same time presenting an upscale distinction. Less is definitely more with Mel’s designs.
- Blade Steel: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC)
- Blade Style: Drop-Point, Satin Finish Plain Edge
- Blade Length: 3.45" / 8.76cm
- Blade Thickness: 0.115" / 2.92mm
- Open Length: 8.07" / 20.50cm
- Closed Length: 4.62" / 11.73cm
- Handle Thickness: 0.64" / 16.26mm
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Weight: 3.88 oz / 110.0 g
- Clip Style: Standard Reversible Tip-Up
- Origin: Made in the USA