Browning Rifle BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless Takedown Various Calibers #0340151
- Rifle - Lever Action
Start of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Product Number: 0340151
As a rule, lever-action aficionados have always had to trade away power and accuracy for quick handling and easy carrying. With the Browning BLR those compromises are a thing of the past. The design of the BLR is as modern as tomorrow with an aircraft-grade alloy receiver, glass-smooth rack and pinion system and multi-lug rotating bolt that handles many of the most popular magnum cartridges, including the fast new WSMs. The exceptional accuracy of the BLR comes from its precision machined, button-rifled barrel that puts those fast-stepping magnum bullets exactly where they're wanted. Add in the advantages of several great stock designs and finishes, a detachable box magazine, low profile adjustable sights and a wide, grooved trigger that travels with the lever to avoid pinching fingers and it's clear the Browning BLR is ready for any action.
- The BLR's laminated stock is sculpted from a satin gray finished hardwood for no-nonsense durability and the cut checkering in the grip and fore-end is crisply executed for lasting good looks and a more solid grip.
- The takedown models of the BLR are unique, allowing you to simply flip a finger lever, twist the receiver and barrel 90 degrees and instantly separate the two parts for space saving storage or easy transportation, even in a backpack or hunting duffle. Reassembly is in reverse order and takes only seconds.
- The barrel on BLR Takedown models is factory drilled and tapped for an optional Browning forward-mounted scout-style scope base to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform, allowing you to remove the barrel for transportation and storage without losing your scope's zero.
- Reliable box magazine works with pointed ammo
- Fold-Down Hammer for safety when needed
- Lightweight, sturdy machined aircraft-grade aluminum receiver. Drilled and tapped to accept scope mounts.
- Low profile, square notch, screw adjustable rear sight aligns easily with a highly visible gold bead on raised ramp front sight.
- Barrels are individually machined, precision button-rifled, heat-treated chromoly steel. Crowned muzzle. Barrels are triple checked for interior finish, straightness and air-gauged for uniformity.
- Wide groove design trigger with short, smooth pull of approximately 4½ lbs. Trigger travels with lever.
- The flush-mounted detachable box magazine has a capacity of three magnum or four standard rounds, plus one in the chamber.
- Deluxe recoil pad standard
End of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Made in Japan - immaculate quality! Works like good Swiss clock, smooth and easy! At 100 m 3” grouping (.308 caliber) Easy to clean, light - will serve for years!
Browning BLR Takedown 308
Ordered the rifle and it came working 5 business days. That’s where my satisfaction ends. Out of the box the rifle fails to fire about one in three rounds. Tried about six different kinds of ammo and the rifle shoots all of it extremely poorly.