Start of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description
Product Number: LCD02
The Lansky Tactical Sharpening Rod answers the call for a military tough knife sharpening tool that combines the speed of Lansky's proven tungsten carbide sharpeners with the compact convenience of our retractable diamond rod. Keep it with you at all times for either fast blade maintenance or as a fighting stick as the need arises.
The tungsten carbide is used for quickly setting an edge and restoring a severely damaged or dull blade. The diamond rod will then refine the edge. For regular maintenance, the diamond rod alone is sufficient.
Features and Information
- Sharpening angles are pre-set at 22.5º to achieve a 45º inclusive angle.
- Diamond- 600 grit
- Tactical Sharpening Rod Instructions
- Draw knife blade through Tungsten Carbide slot 3 – 4 times to sharpen the blade
- Open the tactical rod by gripping the casing firmly and twisting the cylinder at the end (opposite of the tungsten carbide) counter clockwise.
- Let the tactical rod come all the way out of the casing and then twist the cylinder at the end clockwise to lock rod in place.
- Place the end of the sharpener on a stable surface at an angle and draw the knife edge down the rod as if you were attempting to slice a thin layer off the rod –repeat this motion 3 – 4 times using light to moderate pressure. Maintain a consistent angle for the best results.
- Repeat Step 4 on the other side of the blade.
Note: Do not apply oil to Lansky Diamond surface: clean diamond honeswith water and wipe shavings away with a lint-free rag. Diamond hones should be completely dry before next use.
Be Smart, Be Safe and Stay an Edge Above the Rest!
CAUTION: Knife sharpening is an inherently dangerous activity. Used properly this sharpener cannot hurt you but a carelessly handled blade or pointed object can.
End of lstUrls_of_images_in_html_description